Please note that affiliate links may be included in some posts.
Alright, water enthusiasts, get ready to take notes! Whether you’re a seasoned surfer catching the morning waves, a kayaking adventurer exploring serene rivers, or a swimmer looking to make a splash, this guide will become your best friend.
We’re diving headfirst into the ocean of wetsuits, sorting through the good, the bad, and the leaky to bring you the best wetsuits of 2023.
tl;dr My Favorites
- Best Overall for Men: The Lemorecn Neoprene Wetsuit offers the ideal balance of warmth and flexibility for various water sports.
- Best Overall for Women: The XUKER Women’s wetsuit is known for its robust construction and fashionable look.
- Best Wetsuit Specifically for Swimming for Men: The Seaskin Mens 3mm Shorty Wetsuit has a stretchable and heat-insulating design.
- Best Female Wetsuit Specifically for Swimming: The Hevto Wetsuit 3/2mm wetsuit offers a stylish and functional design for surfing or diving.
- Best Unisex Wetsuit for Kayaking: Dark Lightning Wetsuits for Men and Women, praised for its comfort and accommodating fit.
- Men’s Wetsuit For Surfing: O’Neill Men’s Reactor: This budget-friendly option is ideal for recreational water enthusiasts looking for flexibility and comfort, especially for surfing, diving, paddle sports, lake activities, and beach days. However, it may not be suitable for heavy or professional use due to potential stiffness and durability issues.
- Women’s Wetsuit For Surfing: The Rrtizan: Praised for its ergonomic design, functional aesthetics, and commendable three-layer construction, the Rrtizan Women’s Wetsuit is well-suited for surfing and other water sports. Minor concerns about the fit for specific body shapes and the plastic zipper’s longevity don’t overshadow the suit’s overall quality and value.
- Men’s Triathlon Wetsuit: The Synergy Triathlon Suit: An unbeatable choice for triathletes seeking performance, comfort, and value, this wetsuit fits various body shapes and sizes and offers smooth skin Neoprene that enhances movement. The price and exceptional customer service, including in-person fittings, make it a favorite among triathletes. It requires care to avoid punctures and is suitable for all levels, from beginners to Ironman competitors.
- Women’s Triathlon Wetsuit: The NeoSport Women’s Jane Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit: An epitome of comfort, buoyancy, and performance for both beginner and professional triathletes, this wetsuit is designed for optimal flexibility and has an adjustable Velcro collar for a perfect fit. The 3/4 ankle length, intended to prevent interference with the timing chip, may appear quirky to some. Still, its quality construction with heavy-duty zippers and performance in a wide range of water temperatures make it a reliable companion for triathlons.
Are you wondering why we’re so hyped about wetsuits? Imagine you’re about to plunge into the chilly waters, and a shiver runs down your spine – literally. Or imagine paddling hard against a wave, but your suit is chafing and restricting your movements. Nightmare, right?
That’s why the right wetsuit matters. The perfect wetsuit should feel like your second skin, flexible, comfortable, and temperature-appropriate, letting you glide through the water with ease, grace, and, let’s face it, style.
We’ve got you covered on all fronts: men, women, swimming, surfing, kayaking, and even the best picks for those who feel the chill more than others. So, buckle up, grab a cup of coffee or maybe a glass of water if you’re getting into the spirit, and let’s embark on this wetsuit journey together!
And remember, choosing the perfect wetsuit isn’t about chasing the most expensive one or the one with the flashiest design; it’s about finding the suit that fits you and your needs to a T. Ready to take the plunge? Let’s dive right in!
That’s the introduction. Please let me know what you’d like to work on next.
What to Consider When Buying a Wetsuit
Why Does it Matter?
Hey, have you ever tried playing football in ballet shoes? Not quite right, huh? Buying a wetsuit without knowing what to look for is pretty much like that. Every sport has its gear, and for water sports, it’s all about the wetsuit.
Key Factors to Consider
So, you might be wondering, what makes a good wetsuit? Is it the color, the brand, or perhaps the price tag? While a stylish look or a trusted brand might give you a head start, there’s much more to a wetsuit than meets the eye.
- Material: It keeps you warm, so make sure it’s top quality. Most wetsuits are made of Neoprene, a type of rubber that traps water between the suit and your skin. Your body heat warms this water, creating an insulation layer against the cold. Cool, right?
- Wetsuit Thickness: This one’s a no-brainer. Warmer water? Go thinner. Cold waters? You’ll need a thicker suit. But remember the wider the case, the less flexible it is.
- Fit: Think of Goldilocks. You need a wetsuit that’s just right – not too loose or tight. A good fit means better insulation and flexibility.
- Design: Back zip, chest zip, or zip-free – each method has pros and cons. Back zips are easier to get in and out of, while chest zips offer better flexibility and sealing. As for the zip-free? They’re the new kids on the block, offering maximum flexibility but can be a real struggle to squeeze into.
- Price: A higher price doesn’t always mean a better suit. You can find cheap wetsuits that won’t have you dipping into your savings. Our guide covers a range of options to fit any budget at an affordable price.
The Best Wetsuits For Men & Women
Best Overall For Men: Lemorecn Neoprene Wetsuit: The Ideal Balance of Warmth and Flexibility
- MULTI SPORT WETSUIT: Wetsuit designed for all water sports like diving, scuba, paddle boarding, surfing, or kayaking.
- DURABILITY: Spot taped at stress points and flatlock seams provide a smooth interior and exterior surface to ensure maximum comfort and durability.
- NEOPRENE: Constructed with premium neoprene for a comfortable and athletic fit.
Regarding water sports, a wetsuit is more than just a garment; it’s your second skin. The Lemorecn, designed for all types of water sports, serves this purpose exceptionally well. It caters to divers, scuba enthusiasts, paddle boarders, surfers, and kayakers- even those looking for winter wetsuits.
Its most notable feature is the 3/2mm neoprene construction that cleverly marries extra warmth and flexibility. The 3mm chest panel insulates your core, the body’s crucial heat-producing region, while the 2mm sleeves ensure unhampered arm movement. Whether paddling against a wave or maneuvering through a challenging dive, this suit won’t restrict you.
Durability is another strong suit of the Lemorecn. It is spot taped at stress points, reinforcing the areas most prone to wear and tear. Its flatlock seams provide a smooth interior and exterior surface, enhancing both comfort and longevity.
The front zip design of this wetsuit further heightens convenience. It’s quick to get on and off – a significant advantage for anyone who’s wrestled with a sticky, damp wetsuit.
I tested this suit in medium size, offering a comfortable fit from ankles to hips. There was a slight looseness around the waist and arms, which might not suit everyone but did allow for additional freedom of movement.
During a canyoneering trip, the wetsuit held up remarkably well. It maintained warmth in 50-degree water, stretched well for a snug fit, and offered good mobility for climbing and rappelling. The thick rubber padding was a blessing when scrambling over rocks and boulders.
The Lemorecn is an all-around great option. It might not be tailor-made to your body type, and wetsuits tend to stretch with use, but it’s still a strong contender in general wetsuits. If you match its sizing guide, this suit will be a reliable water companion.
|Balanced 3/2mm neoprene design||The suit may stretch over time|
|Highly durable||It may be loose around the waist for some|
|Convenient front zip||Water can seep in through the back zipper|
|Good mobility for various water sports||Sizing may not suit all body types|
Verdict: The Lemorecn offers a stellar combination of warmth, flexibility, and durability. Ideal for divers, surfers, and more, its 3/2mm neoprene construction ensures both insulation and unhindered movement. While there might be slight looseness in certain areas, its overall fit, convenient front zip design, and robust construction make it a strong contender for the best all-around men’s wetsuit. Whether for canyoneering or surfing, it is a reliable companion that doesn’t compromise performance or comfort.
Best Overall Wetsuit for Women: The XUKER
- Trapping Warmth by Premium Neoprene: The main purpose of the wetsuit is to keep you warm in the water. Wetsuit works by trapping a thin layer of water between the neoprene and your skin so you are going to get wet(hence the name, wetsuit). The water between the skin and the wetsuit will form a thermal isolation layer, which will prevent the heat generated from your body spreading out, that keeps you warm.
- Protect the Skin from Damage and Sunlight: Wetsuit will provide a protective barrier from stinging sea creatures and help prevent cuts and stings due to accidental contact with underwater environments such as a reef. And it also protects your whole body against the sun if you wear a full wetsuit, except for your face, hands, and feet. Of course, our store also provide neoprene gloves, socks and diving hood.
Meet the XUKER Wetsuit, a beautifully designed suit that doesn’t compromise function or style. Made from a robust combination of 90% neoprene and 10% nylon, this suit was made for durability, flexibility, and ultimate water resistance. Here at Express Wetsuits, one of our staff members tried out this premium product, and they were beyond thrilled with their experience.
The XUKER is designed to keep you warm during your water sports adventures. It does this by trapping a thin layer of water between the Neoprene and your skin. This trapped water forms a thermal isolation layer, preventing the body’s heat from spreading out, thus keeping you warm. This suit is also designed to protect your skin from damaging sunlight and potentially stinging sea creatures — a double win!
Our staff member particularly liked how easy this wetsuit was to wear. The back zipper makes donning the suit a breeze — you can quickly get the case on and off without help. And with an outer layer of long-lasting nylon material, this wetsuit can withstand the elements and stand up to regular use.
The best part? Not only is this wetsuit functional, but it’s also highly stylish. Our team member felt confident and comfortable, stating it was as good as those premium wetsuits costing up to $700. They also noted that the suit was well-made, balancing, keeping the body warm, and not restricting movement.
For those who engage in watersport activities in cooler weather, the XUKER comes highly recommended. Our staff member found it perfect for windsurfing near Alameda Beach, CA, and praised its perfect fit, thanks to the accurate size charts provided by the manufacturer.
It’s important to note that, like any other product, this wetsuit may not be suitable for everyone. If you are tall with long, thin legs and smaller shoulders, you might find most suits don’t fit correctly. However, the XUKER seemed the perfect fit for our staff member with a similar body structure.
In conclusion, whether you’re going for a pool workout or planning a trip to Indonesia, the XUKER has got you covered. Its comfort, warmth, protection, and style blend is worth the investment.
|Keeps body warm||It may be too thin for some users|
|Easy to wear and remove||Fits may vary for different body types|
|Stylish and well-made|
|Protects against sun and sea creatures|
|Good value for money|
Verdict: The XUKER Women Men Wetsuit, crafted from 90% neoprene and 10% nylon, makes an impressive statement in form and function. With a design that focuses on warmth, flexibility, and protection, it’s a robust and stylish option for various water activities. The thermal isolation layer and shielding against sunlight and sea creatures add to its appeal. Convenience in wear and durability further enhance the wetsuit’s attributes. While the fit may vary for individual body types, the XUKER wetsuit’s performance in both fashion and function and its comparative affordability to premium models make it a highly recommended option for watersport enthusiasts.
Best Wetsuit Specifically For Swimming for Men: Seaskin Mens 3mm Shorty
- Seaskin shorty wetsuits is specially designed for water sports and water aerobics; wetsuit front zip provides UV protection and defense against sea lice, jellies and other biological irritants
- The wetsuit should fit snugly and tight to the body, thus to keep the body heat when in the water, you should get a ideal fit after several times uses; It’s made of high quality and durable material neoprene, stretchable and heat insulation
- Front zipper shorty wetsuit is easy for exit and entry; Flat-Lock Stitched Seams is excellent durability and fantastic comfort to keep your body warm in the coldest conditions for canoeing, sea kayaking, surfing, swimming, snorkeling, diving and other water activities
If you’re looking for the ultimate wetsuit designed specifically for water sports and aerobics, the Seaskin Mens 3mm Shorty is a top contender. Made with high-quality and durable material neoprene; this wetsuit is not only stretchable but also offers excellent heat insulation. One of our Express Wetsuits staff members tried it out and provided valuable insights about its performance.
The Seaskin Shorty is designed to fit snugly and tight to the body, trapping heat when in the water. With several uses, you should achieve the ideal fit. The design features a heavy-duty YKK front zipper, simplifying the entry and exit process. Further enhancing comfort and durability, the Flat-Lock Stitched Seams keep the body warm in cold conditions, making it an excellent choice for canoeing, sea kayaking, snorkeling, diving, and other water activities.
The wetsuit comprises three layers of diving fabrics. The outer layer is high-elastic, durable imported nylon fabric. The middle insulation layer is Neoprene, known for its high scalability, waterproofness, and heat insulation. The inner layer is soft, close to the skin, providing warmth and a comfortable fit.
From our staff’s experience, the wetsuit lived up to its promise of ease of use and performance. Even though some stitching concerns were mentioned, the overall verdict was that it provided excellent value for money. The suit was easy to wear, and it fit perfectly for our staff member, who stands at 5’7″ with measurements of 46.5″ chest, 43″ hips, and a 36″ waist.
They also shared an exciting diving experience at Sand Hollow State Park in Utah, where the wetsuit performed exceptionally well, keeping the core warm even in cold water depths- we know how vital additional warmth is! The ease of movement while swimming and snorkeling was also praised, along with the simplicity of taking the wetsuit off.
Despite its effectiveness, this wetsuit may not be the best fit for individuals with an athletic build, as it seems to have extra material for the midsection. However, it serves its purpose well for those with a bit of a mid-section, and it provides excellent UV protection, shielding against sea lice, jellies, and other biological irritants.
The Seaskin Mens 3mm Shorty Wetsuit is a fantastic investment for those looking to engage in water sports or aerobics without compromising comfort and warmth.
|Easy to put on and take off||May have extra material in the midsection|
|Highly stretchable and warm||It may not be the best fit for an athletic build|
|UV protection and defense against sea lice||Sleeves might be annoyingly long for some users|
|Good value for money||Stitching quality might need improvement|
Verdict: The Seaskin Mens 3mm Shorty Wetsuit is a standout choice for swimming and various water activities. Crafted with a three-layer construction featuring high-quality Neoprene and nylon fabric, it offers excellent heat insulation, stretchability, and waterproofness. The tight fit, convenient front zipper, and flat-lock stitched seams emphasize warmth and durability. Although some stitching concerns were noted, and the fit might not suit everyone, particularly those with an athletic build, the overall performance, value for money, and protection against UV and other irritants make this wetsuit a superb option for those engaging in water sports or aerobics. It ensures comfort and warmth, proving a wise investment for water enthusiasts.
Best Female Wetsuit Specifically for Swimming: Hevto 3/2mm Neoprene
- High-Quality & Harmless Material: Neoprene SBR + Nylon Fabrics(Two Layers: Surface/Lining). Back zipper closure. 3/2MM thickness, short sleeves, short trousers.
- Core Warmth: The warmth of the torso is the core element. Three layers fabrics combination. 3MM wetsuit meets basic warmth requirements in the general water area.
- Strapless-style splicing: Crisp and bright style reveals a sense of leaping beauty. The waist-slimming design is to shape your figure. The "strapless vest" printing splicing can visually lengthen your legs.
*Product image is a man- but there are female options on the product page
The Hevto 3/2mm Neoprene is a well-crafted training wetsuit designed particularly for adult women engaged in surfing or diving. Offering a striking contrast between royal blue sleeves and side seams against a black body, this wetsuit is stylish and functional.
Designed with beginners and amateurs in mind, this wetsuit might initially feel restrictive. However, this design aspect provides warmth and buoyancy, which are critical for mastering your swimming and diving skills. Once you get used to the fit, you’ll appreciate how the wetsuit keeps you warm in cold water and helps you float more effortlessly.
The Hevto is made from 3mm neoprene and nylon stretch fabric, ensuring softness and comfort. The stretchy fabric grants the wetsuit flexibility and allows it to perfectly conform to the body shape, thereby reducing water resistance. It is suited for water sports in temperatures ranging from 57-72℉, making it ideal for diving, swimming, surfing, snorkeling, kiteboarding, paddleboarding, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
When choosing your size, it is advised to match your chest, waist, hip size, and weight first and then refer to your height data to select the correct size. A professional wetsuit is designed to be close-fitting. In case of any confusion regarding the size, you can post your chest size, height, and weight in the Q&A for assistance.
The back zipper design of the Hevto wetsuit is worth mentioning. It features a sturdy zipper track and a lengthened nylon belt for easy operation. You can enjoy a smooth zipping process with two simple steps – grabbing the bottom of the zipper track and pulling it up with the other hand.
Feedback from users highlights the quality and comfort of the Hevto wetsuit. It fits well and keeps the core warm during extended periods in cold water. The high neck design helps keep water out, and the velcro tab fastener at the back of the neck enhances its utility.
However, it’s worth noting that some users have found that they needed to order a size up for a comfortable fit, indicating that the sizing may run small.
Overall, the Hevto offers excellent value for its price range and is a reliable choice for those seeking a quality, comfortable, and stylish wetsuit that fits like a body glove.
|Stylish design with striking color contrast||Sizing may run small|
|Made of 3mm neoprene and nylon stretch fabric for comfort||Initial feel might be restrictive|
|It helps to keep the body warm in cold water and assists in floating||It may have a slight rubbery smell|
|Easy-to-use back zipper design|
Verdict: The Hevto Wetsuit 3/2mm Neoprene is an excellent selection for women looking for a wetsuit tailored for swimming and other water activities. Crafted with a mix of 3mm neoprene and nylon, it offers both warmth and flexibility. Its snug, beginner-friendly design aids in buoyancy, while the royal blue and black color scheme adds a stylish touch.
Notable features include the back zipper design, with a sturdy track and extended nylon belt, allowing easy entry and exit. The fit conforms well to body shape, reducing water resistance and ensuring comfort across various sports.
Although the sizing might run small for some users, leading to the need to order a size up, this wetsuit’s overall quality and warmth make it a dependable choice for females. Whether you’re diving, surfing, or swimming, the Hevto Wetsuit offers functionality and style at a great value, making it the best female wetsuit specifically for swimming.
Unisex Wetsuit for Kayaking: Dark Lightning for Men and Women
- Wetsuits are designed in a "tight/snug fitting" to keep warm
- 3/2 MM : 3mm torso / 2mm arms and legs, suggest for over 59°F water,
The Dark Lightning is a competitive option for those seeking a unisex wetsuit for kayaking. It can be found on Amazon at the following link.
This wetsuit scores high on comfort, with users finding it easy to put on without assistance. It keeps the wearer warm during water sports activities without being cumbersome or giving an excessive “scuba diving” look. The wetsuit also facilitates easy swimming and washes well.
The fit is considered accurate according to the size chart. It has been successfully used in calm water temperatures (upper 70’s and low 80’s) for swimming. However, some users have pointed out that a tab at the bottom of the back zipper would have made it easier to zip up, this missing detail being the only notable negative.
Users have found the top section of this wetsuit to be stretchy, accommodating different body shapes well. This feature makes it suitable for those who find denser dive suits too restrictive. The wetsuit seems to provide sufficient insulation for water sports where you are intermittently in and out of the water. But, it may be a bit thin for those who get cold quickly when fully submerged in water, like when diving.
While this wetsuit seems a good fit for occasional vacation or short summers, some users question its longevity due to its density. Nonetheless, it offers excellent value for its price and serves as a comfortable and functional choice for water sports, especially kayaking.
|Comfortable and easy to put on||Absence of a tab at the bottom of the back zipper|
|Keeps the wearer warm during water sports||It may be a bit thin for those who get cold when fully submerged in water|
|Facilitates easy swimming||Potential concerns about longevity due to its density|
|Great value for the price|
Verdict: The Dark Lightning is a commendable unisex option tailored for kayaking, offering comfort and practicality without breaking the bank. It’s praised for its ease of wear, stretchy upper section, and accurate sizing, according to the provided chart.
Its lightweight design provides enough insulation for water activities where full submersion isn’t constant, making it an excellent choice for kayaking. While some users desired a zipper tab at the back and questioned its long-term durability, these issues don’t overshadow its functionality and value.
Ideal for occasional use or shorter seasons, the Dark Lightning Wetsuit strikes a balance between warmth and flexibility. Whether you’re a male or female kayaker looking for an affordable and versatile wetsuit, this option is worth considering.
Men’s Wetsuit for Surfing: O’Neill Men’s Reactor
- Ideal Entry Level Value Driven Wetsuit; Perfect For Surfing, Diving, Paddle Sports, Lake Activities, And Beach Days
- Backzip System Provides Easy Entry And Exit With A Water Resistant Closure
The O’Neill Reactor is an option for those seeking a men’s surfing wetsuit. It’s built from neoprene rubber, offering superior flexibility and enhancing performance. A back zip system provides easy entry and exit, and the suit features seamless paddle zones for comfort and maximum mobility. The wind-resistant smooth skin offers extra insulation and protection against the cold.
However, reviews for this wetsuit are mixed. While it is praised for its fit, comfort, and value for money, some users have found it stiff and not as durable as they would like. The suit is an entry-level, value-driven option, ideal for various activities, including surfing, diving, paddle sports, lake activities, and beach days.
One common criticism concerns a seam on the right side of the neck, which has caused discomfort for some users. Some customers also reported issues with the suit’s stitching, especially around the neck Velcro. Customers also said that the Velcro at the top of the zipper stopped working after a while, although one customer noted they could fix it by sewing new Velcro on.
Despite these drawbacks, many users speak highly of the suit, noting the top-quality fit and material. The wetsuit has plenty of stretch and is seen as worth the money. The sizing is accurate, and several users commented they have never been disappointed by O’Neill’s options.
|Superior flexibility and enhanced performance||A seam on the right side of the neck can cause discomfort|
|The Backzip system provides easy entry and exit||Potential issues with the suit’s stitching|
|Seamless paddle zones for comfort and maximum mobility||Velcro at the top of the zipper may stop working after a short while|
|Wind-resistant smooth skin offers extra insulation|
Verdict: The O’Neill Men’s Reactor offers a budget-friendly option for recreational water enthusiasts. It is built with neoprene rubber and features a back zip system to provide flexibility and comfort. While praised for its fit and value, it has been criticized for stiffness and durability issues, particularly around the neck seam and Velcro. Though not ideal for heavy or professional use, the suit’s overall quality and brand reputation make it a viable choice for occasional water activities.
Women’s Wetsuit for Surfing: The Rrtizan
- SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS – Ironman & USAT approved. Athlete endorsed. Comes in wide range of sizes to ensure a perfect fit.
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY EQUALS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE – Hydrodynamic neoprene made from Yamamoto #39 with SCS silicone coated SyPrene. 5mm thick core buoyancy panel / 3mm lower legs and back.
Firstly, the excellent fit and ease of use shine through in all the customer reviews. The Rrtizan is ergonomically designed and comes with a high-quality front zipper that makes it easy to get in and out of the suit. Its unique fish scale pattern on the shoulders isn’t just aesthetically pleasing but also functional – it helps reduce water resistance when diving.
The three-layer construction, consisting of durable nylon, insulating Neoprene, and soft inner fabric, gets a lot of praise for offering ample warmth and protection against cold water, sea lice, jellyfish, and even UV rays. Several customers reported how snug and secure they felt in this suit.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind, though. Some customers with a fuller bust and slimmer waist have reported a bit of looseness around the hip area. However, this did not seem to impact the suit’s performance or comfort levels. It’s just something you might want to consider while selecting the size.
While the zipper is robust and durable, it’s made of plastic – which raises some questions about longevity, especially from customers who frequent saltwater environments. That said, we haven’t had any reports of failure so far.
Lastly, the color – particularly the pink variant – is subject to some discoloration when wet, but this tends to go unnoticed once you’re in the water and is more of an aesthetic concern.
Despite these minor quirks, the Rrtizan is a solid, high-quality, and value-for-money option for surfing and other water sports. Most of our customers havee praised its design, functionality, and overall performance. Don’t just take my word for it; check out more details and customer reviews on Amazon.
|Ergonomic fit and front zipper for ease of use||Plastic zipper raises questions about durability|
|Rubber seals on cuffs and collar||Color may fade when wet|
|Durable fabric and strong stitches||Fit may not be perfect for all body types|
|Good value for the price|
Verdict: The Artisan Women’s for surfing is a well-received option among water sports enthusiasts, praised for its ergonomic design, functional aesthetics, and commendable three-layer construction. From its great fit to the fish scale pattern that reduces water resistance, every aspect is designed with performance in mind.
Though there are minor concerns like a potential fit issue for those with a specific body shape and the plastic zipper’s longevity, these don’t overshadow the suit’s overall quality and value. The occasional discoloration in the pink variant is a slight aesthetic flaw that takes a backseat once you’re in the water.
Overall, the Artisan Women’s Wetsuit provides a snug and warm experience well-suited for surfing without breaking the bank. Its reputation among customers and the endorsement from Express Wetsuits make it a highly recommended option for your next wave-riding adventure.
Men’s Triathalon Wetsuit: The Synergy Triathlon Suit
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY EQUALS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE – Quick drying, perforated chamois pad keeps you comfortable while giving you the right support for your ride.
- TRIMS – Flatlock stitching throughout. Adjustable zipper with zipper guard. Large armholes to prevent chafing.
This Synergy option is a blessing for triathletes seeking a top-notch suit without breaking the bank. Ironman-approved and athlete-endorsed, it is crafted from hydrodynamic Neoprene with silicone-coated SyPrene and is suitable for all levels.
The Synergy Volution full wetsuit fits like a second skin, boasting a 3mm thick core buoyancy panel and 2mm lower legs and back. It’s stretchy enough to go on without dramatic gymnastics and offers excellent coverage. Cold water tested in early summer conditions in Tahoe (about 45 degrees), this wetsuit feels seamless inside.
Equipped with the highest-grade anti-corrode internal wetsuit zipper from YKK, it dramatically reduces drag as you move through the water. Its super soft low neck with smooth skin on both sides feels so quiet; it’s like there’s nothing around your neck.
Customer service is another highlight. Whether through phone or email, Synergy’s staff is eager and ready to help. If you live nearby, you can even schedule an appointment for an in-person fitting, where staff will assist you in picking the right size and help you try it on.
When trying on the suit, it’s advisable to be as dry and relaxed as possible. Avoid afternoons or post-workouts when you’re hot and sweaty. Use gardening gloves with rubber fingers if you have fingernails to prevent punctures.
The Synergy suit is designed to fit all shapes and sizes, but selecting the correct size is crucial. For reference, a 5’8, 170lbs individual with a swimmer’s build may find the W3 size snug and perfect.
This alpine mermaid (as the reviewer charmingly refers to herself) is thrilled to stay warm and toasty in the cold water with this Synergy suit. Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons:
|Fit adjusts to various body shapes and sizes||The price may tempt you to buy multiple styles|
|Smoothskin neoprene enhances movement||Requires care while trying on (excellent, dry conditions, protection from nails)|
|Exceptional customer service, including in-person fittings|
|Attractive price point|
Verdict: The Synergy Triathlon Wetsuit 3/2mm – Volution Full Sleeve is an unbeatable choice for triathletes seeking performance, comfort, and value. You get more than a bargain with a 1-year warranty and Ironman approval. It’s a wetsuit that truly synergizes with your triathlon needs.
Women’s Triathalon Wetsuit: The Synergy Triathlon Wetsuit
- PROVEN TECHNOLOGY EQUALS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - Quick drying, perforated chamois pad keeps you comfortable while giving you the right support for your ride.
- TRIMS - Flatlock stitching throughout. Soft bias and large armholes to prevent chafing.
The NeoSport Women’s Jane Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit epitomizes comfort, buoyancy, and performance. With an exclusive, super-soft speed skin neoprene material, it promises both lightweight flexibility and incredible comfort, enhancing your triathlon performance.
Designed with an anatomical cut pattern, this wetsuit aligns perfectly with your body movement, ensuring long-lasting comfort. The adjustable Velcro collar allows for a perfect fit, and its skin-in design helps lock out water to prevent scooping. Wide mid-calf leg openings and easy-out zipper pulls are intended to reduce heel snags and facilitate quick transitions, making it the perfect choice for competitive triathletes.
One purchaser found this wetsuit an excellent investment for an Olympic distance race. Being 6’2″ and 205lbs, the X-Large size was tight but comfortable in the water without any head or arm movement restrictions. Proper care ensures that it looks like new even after several uses.
The 3/4 ankle length may look quirky, but it is designed to prevent any interference with the timing chip. The zip-up (compared to zip-down) feature makes it easy to put on and take off. This wetsuit’s performance in water temperatures ranging from 55 to 80 degrees was commendable, providing warmth without feeling too hot.
One point to emphasize is the intentional design of letting water in. A common misconception that it “leaks” should be dismissed, as the trickle-in design is intended to create a warm layer of water that keeps you warm. This wetsuit achieved the ideal rate of letting water in, a testament to its remarkable design.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of the pros and cons:
|Designed for optimal buoyancy and flexibility||It needs to be pulled up correctly to fit comfortably around the neck and shoulders|
|Adjustable Velcro collar for a perfect fit||Possible stress on the material during fitting|
|Wide mid-calf leg openings and easy-out zipper pulls||3/4 ankle length may appear goofy to some|
|In-built pocket for keys and tear-away sizing tags|
|Quality construction with heavy-duty YKK metal zippers|
|Performs well in a wide range of water temperatures|
Verdict: The NeoSport Women’s Jane Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit has the best design, quality, and performance. With advanced technology and careful construction, it suits beginners and professionals. The 1-year warranty ensures this wetsuit is a reliable companion for your triathlon journey. Its design ensures you stay warm without restricting your movement. If you understand the true essence of a wetsuit, the NeoSport Women’s Jane will likely exceed your expectations.
Alternative Purchase Options
- Wetsuit Warehouse: A specialized store offering a wide range of wetsuits for different water activities. Visit Website
- REI Co-op: Offers a selection of wetsuits for various water sports, including surfing, kayaking, and diving. Visit Website
- DiveINN Scubastore: An online store with an extensive collection of wetsuits for scuba diving, snorkeling, and other underwater activities. Visit Website
- SurfStitch: Specializes in surfing wetsuits and offers a variety of brands and styles. Visit Website
- SwimOutlet: Focused on swimming and triathlon wetsuits, providing options for both recreational and competitive use. Visit Website
Hey there, fellow beach lovers! I’m a 41-year-old dude who’s absolutely infatuated with the beach, and I split my time between the Hamptons and Brooklyn Heights in New York City. Let’s not forget my trusty sidekick, Gabe, my Standard Poodle. He’s a paw-some buddy, and together we hit the beach every single evening, rain or shine, summer or winter. It’s our thing, you know?